Today we are very delighted to announce the full support for IPv6 across the Enkel Hosting network! After spending many hours investigating IPv6, how it should be handled, how much we should charge etc. These are the changes to services that now support IPv6:
- Web Hosting (cPanel)
- All Web Hosting clients can now access their websites via IPv6 with the following address: 2607:fcd0:100:4300::ae47:d207
- Per account IPv6 addresses can be added upon ticket request for free.
- VPS Hosting
- We’ve enabled IPv6 on the host machine, this enables IPv6 to be configured and talk to the outside world using the IPv6 protocol.
IPv6 support is currently disabled by default on our VPS servers, we will add IPv6 addresses upon ticket request for free. IPv6 support will be enabled by default in the future once we are happy with the state.
- Update: We’ve now launched IPv6 for ALL existing and new VPS clients. Every VPS client will now see a /112 IPv6 subnet (65,536 IP’s!) in their SolusVM account. You are able to add IP’s in this range to your VPS using the panel.
- Minecraft Hosting
- We’ve yet to fully explore IPv6 support for our Minecraft hosting range. We expect to have something in the upcoming days for this.
As for now the IPv6 support will be closely monitored to make sure everything run’s correctly and smoothly. We still have more web hosting changes upcoming later this month!
Update: Our VPS hosting now uses /96 IPv6 subnet’s instead of the previous /112!